SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Friday, June 02, 2006

2 weeks to go!!!!

......and that means only one week left in mae sot! can't believe it's almost over. my group is really funny. they have been giving me some going away presents this week..........one was a beautiful burmese outfit and today they gave me a winter jacket!!! what the.....? why in the heck with heat like this would i need a jacket?? i certainly appreciate their generocity.......but it would take up half of my backpack to take this home. i think i'll see if one of the 2 burmese guys working in the volunteer office can use it. i'm scared as to what they may present me with next friday when i'm already loaded down with the stuff i already have. hopefully i can tell them and have them understand that this is more than enough gift giving and my bags will be full. i can somehow see this not being understood!

2 Comments:

At 8:12 pm , Blogger servant said...

Ahhh, if only we all had your problems ... so many people giving us too many gifts ... :)

 
At 2:40 am , Blogger Loree-Beth said...

aahhhhh, if i only had the money to send a man's winter jacket to canada that i won't end up wearing and can't carry around between now and then! ; )

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home