SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Monday, April 24, 2006

walking vs. flying

so i met david, who's another volunteer teacher, and he told me a story that went like this:

"i was eating dinner with my chinese friend one evening and he had ordered chicken feet soup. he offered me some. i said 'no thanks'. he said 'come on. you have to try it.' i refused it again and he said 'you will always walk, david, you will never fly.'"

great. thanks david for that story. now, whenever i am offered something........'you will always walk, you will never fly.' rings loud and clear in my head. i have flown quite a few times since my days living with the burmese guys, but not the night the chicken feet soup showed up at our table! i tried the broth, though.......does that count for anything, david........anything??!! tell me i at least i flapped my wings!

1 Comments:

At 10:28 pm , Blogger servant said...

Well, compared to many of us, at least as far as geography and culture goes, you've taken the cake as well as the chicken soup being where you are and doing what you are doing :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home