SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Monday, March 27, 2006

burmese brothers

yup......so now i have 2 burmese brothers. i moved in last night and it's ok. the two guys i'm living with are super nice to me and are really trying to make me feel at home. they keep giving me things that will help make my stay with them more comfortable. first they had a mat, blanket, pillow, mirror, small table and a rack for me to hang clothes on. then they told me they should get a taller table for me to sit at with a chair (cause being western i probably don't like sitting on the floor---but let's not forget that i spent the last 5 years in korea) so i told them the shorter table was great. next........right after i woke up from a nap......the younger of the two guys presented me with a chair. his english isn't very good, so when he has something to give me he usually says, (in the softest voice), "teacher.......(noun)".........while holding out with both hands the item he's giving me at the time. so cute. they are trying really hard and it's so nice of them. we had our first class this morning. it went well. the students are great. they are already talking, which is wonderful and most times the hardest thing about teaching adults. i have to go right now. hopefully i'll write again in the next few days.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 am , Blogger Loree-Beth said...

you're a funny man....mr thorne! i'll be sure to use those words with my students. they'll be very useful. thanks! yeah......i'll probably come to see you and wendy in august. mom told me there is a korean service at the church you guys go to. maybe i can tutor them or nanny some children. then i'll be around you guys a lot......just what you always wanted!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home