SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Monday, March 20, 2006

orientation

today was orientation day (i think i have 1 or 2 more days of orientation). holy! it's a lot of info to take in. the people i will be teaching are working on free trade (i think). i will also live in their house. should be interesting. the volunteer co-ordinator who set me up with this group says they are really kind and concerned about me being comfortable living in their space. they're worried that they only cook burmese food and i may not like it. that's my problem.......not theirs. heck....they're giving me a place to live since i'm teaching them english.......feeding me is also kind of their responsibility but if it is totally gross (which i don't imagine it is.......gosh curry every night........that's my dream!) i can also eat somewhere else for 1 or 2 dollars/meal. this place is so cheap. i can come to this high speed internet cafe for about 45 canadian cents an hour! so i'll probably come here every night to check my email/msn/blog. not much else to write about. i'm sure in the coming days with meeting my group......moving in......starting teaching......and getting acquainted with the town i'll have more to tell. oh and for those of you who have asked for my address (and may god bless you!) it is at the bottom of this entry. i will post the office phone number for my mom and anyone else who may have a fantastic deal with the phone company. all we do is set up a time for me to be in the office to answer the phone. i love you all and miss you too. t and i have the countdown going and it's about 14 weeks from now 'till i get back to korea for the visit and then about 18 weeks 'till i get to canada. bye for now.

my address:

Loree-Beth McKay (incase you forgot!! hahaha)
P.O. Box 114
Mae Sot Tak
63110
Thailand

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home