SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Saturday, February 24, 2007

back again

here i am.....back in korea again. i arrived friday evening and it's kind of surreal. i think i had convinced myself, more than i realized, that i'd be teaching in a different place this year. i'm happy to be back, but it's weird. everything is so strange but so familiar. the old ladies are taking their "rightful" places in lines ('cause for sme reason, they don't have to wait like everyone else), men are blowing cigarette smoke from their mouths everywhere i look, the neon signs keep seoul lit up as if it were 12 noon when it's 12 midnight, taxi drivers weave in and out of traffic like driving is some kind of racing game---narrowly missing accidents every minute, men are spitting on the sidewalks, women are whining...........aahhhhh.......to be back in korea. for some reason (obviously not those just mentioned) i still like this place and it keeps me coming back. weird.

i'll meet my school's people today. not sure when my apartment is going to be ready. tobi is graciously letting me stay with her 'till that time comes. i met up with kristen and reilly yesterday. it was great to see them again. this morning tobi and i are having a breakfast date with heidi. it's so great to live amongst friends again. t arrives on monday. my visa number isn't ready for this week so my japan trip is delayed 'till next week. that's about all i have to report right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home