SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

pink, pink, pink

anyone who knows me well knows that i hate wearing pink. i have never owned anything pink and my face winces at the thought of wearing it. lately, though, i have thought about trying to change that---all the while probably looking like i'd rather any other form of torture! with all the pink out and about for the past couple years.....it's hard sometimes to get the item i like in a color other than pink. i'm not too sure what brought on the dislike of pink. i've just always hated it. most people know my answer to "what color do you want?" (for anything we are talking about at the time) is and always has been, "anything but pink.". change is good and this year i think i'm gonna try to change my aversion to pink. just last night we went shopping (t, henry, jessica and i) for swim trunks for teddy for next week in cancun. being the shopping girls we are, inevitably, jessica and i ended up shopping as well. it was only 3 tank tops---but one is......you guessed it......pink! we were at old navy and i saw a sales table of tank tops for $1.97........but only one color was marked down that low. i thought "awww man, i wish they had any other color than pink. jessica will like it though i'll go tell her about it." so when we were both looking at them and i asked her "what if i changed my hatred of pink and bought my first pink top?" i couldn't even ask that question without my face looking like someone just forced me to eat the sourest lemon they'd found. she said "sure and this is only $1.97!". so i figured with such a great deal i'd begin my attempt at changing my aversion to pink. now, for all of you who have wished for years that i'd wear pink (mom!)........don't flood me with pink. this is going to be a slow process.

2 Comments:

At 4:22 pm , Blogger AnGabreel said...

Hey Loree, I just dropped by to see how things are going with you and Teddy. Sounds like you're still on the move. The States, Canada, Cancun. I'm a bit jealous. And just to put my two cents in, I think it's ok to do pink. I do pink. I've even tiedyed a shirt pink before, thats how much I do pink. It said "I Love my Toyota" on it. But I couldn't bring myself to buy a pink Corrola. Anyway, this is Andrew. I'm now a blogger - you'll have to check out my site - I'll warn you though, it's a tad geeky! Just my style: http://angabreel.blogspot.com/

 
At 5:44 pm , Blogger Loree-Beth said...

hey andrew (and amanda too!)! yup.....i'm always on the move. it's a great life but sometimes we just want what we don't have. it'd be nice to stay put for longer than one month! i checked out your blog but i need some time to sit and read! hope all is well in st. jacobs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home