SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Saturday, October 08, 2011

40 weeks and a new baby!!!

.....which is exactly why this photo is quite a bit late! lilyanna noelle chang made her apperance in time to be in the 40th week photo. she was born on septembet 26th (which just so happens to be her maternal grandmother's birthday AND her paternal grandfather's birthday!). she weighed 3.42 kgs (about 7 1/2 lbs) and was 50 cm (about 19.7 in).

here are some photos from our birthing day:


me and our doula, stacy.

teddy doing an amazing job of supporting me.

getting some more much needed support from teddy. i couldn't have done it without him. he was so great!

teddy taking 5. it was a long labor (26-ish hours!).....so i hardly blame him!

getting closer to seeing our girl!

and here she is! lilyanna noelle chang!

us with my yoga teacher, chloe. she is an amazing friend. she came to our birth and encouraged me, massaged me and helped me push for about 5 hours!

me and my girl!

lilyanna.....only about an hour old.

after a very long day, we finally get to rest.

it was an amaing experience to have a baby. i will have to write my full birth story another time. i feel so blessed to have had a drug free labor (except for a bit of pitocin), some very wonderful support people, and a healthy, alert baby! welcome to our family lilyanna! we love you so much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home