SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Monday, July 08, 2013

potty training fail

well we've reached that time in lilyanna's life........potty training. I have dreaded it for a long time and our first attempt didn't go so well.
 
we have talked (for a long time) about going to the toilet. Lilyanna has watched me go (mostly out of necessity, which I turned into education), we picked out a toilet seat, read potty books......even tried out the seat many, many times.........all to no success.
 
here is Lilyanna giving the seat a try while watching a video.
 getting quite relaxed on it!
 even staring up at her pee/poo prize (a lollypop!).....but nothing!
so I have decided to give potty training a break. a friend recently shared the 3-day potty training method book with me and we are going to try that. Lilyanna has already picked our her new "big girl" undies for the day we start this 3-day method. but in the meantime, she has taken to saying "I don't want to pee (or poo) in the toilet." everytime we change her diaper! I only hope the day I decide it is time to do the 3-day method, she has warmed up to the idea of going on the toilet, at least a little more than right now. I mean, does she really want to pee (or poo) on the pretty princesses that adorn her new "big girl" undies??!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home