SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Thursday, June 27, 2013

my birthday

so, in February and march, I got into sewing and shared some of my creations in this post and this post, too. you can click on the words and take a peek if you haven't already. we also had the florida trip and easter, which I posted about here.

this brings us up to my birthday. I asked for a road trip to the historic Vicksburg and we had a great day.

 we walked around the old part of the city. it happens to be down on the Mississippi river, but we didn't take a waterside photo.
 
 after walking around for a bit, we drove around the:
 
 it took us a few hours to drive the whole thing and we only got out a few times. we didn't even read any of the placards either! (and there were tons of them!)
 
 
 
 
 
it was a great day, spent with two of my favorite people. after the museum we had buffet dinner on the Mississippi river. there is quite a magnificent view of the river as you approach the parking lot, which is much lower than the road. upon seeing the water, Lilyanna starts kicking her feet saying "I wanna try! I wanna try! kick! kick! kick!" I think she thought we went there for swimming! cute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home