SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 comes to a close.....

Dear Family and friends!
 
I am finally sitting down to recap our busy 2012. I trust you are all very well and enjoyed your Christmas.
 
Last Christmas we were so blessed to spend Lilyanna’s first Christmas with my family. We had a great time at the Thornes. They were great hosts.
Then we traveled to Milwaukee to spend New Year’s with Teddy’s family.
Previous to these visits only my mom and Teddy’s parents had met Lilyanna. It was so nice for Lilyanna to meet her aunties, uncles and cousins.
 
Before returning to Korea I was able to set some wedding plans in place. I got a dress, location, pastor and musician. It felt great to have these things decided.
In May we made a very important trip to Taiwan so Teddy’s maternal
and paternal grandparents

could meet her. We had a great time and I’m so glad we went.

Then it was back to Korea to pack for moving home! What a task it was after living there for so long (11 yrs!) and with a baby! But it all seems so long ago now.
When we left Korea we flew to Mississippi for the month of July. During that time, Lilyanna and I made a quick trip to Ottawa for a friend’s wedding. Then, at the end of July, it was on to NS to finish planning the wedding! We made some trips to the beach for breaks in the stress of wedding planning, as well as a trip to Saint John to visit the Thornes.
The big day finally came. It was perfect. Teddy and I often talk about how much we enjoyed our day.
Right after the wedding, we honeymooned in Mexico with Teddy’s brother (Henry) and sister-in-law(Jessica). It was such a great way to relax after the move and wedding; as well as to get ready for the green card application process! (All the papers are in and now we just wait.)
The 26th of September brought us to Lilyanna’s 1st birthday! What a special day. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful girl as our daughter!
In early November I spent a week studying to become a certified lactation counselor. They happened to be offering the course in Milwaukee during the first week of November, so it was great that we got to stay with Henry, Jessica and their son, Harrison. The studying went well, but the test was quite difficult. I didn’t feel very confident about it when we drove back home and had even looked up future course testing sites to see where I might join in for another testing day. To my surprise in early December I got the test results back and I passed with flying colors! I am now Loree-Beth Chang, CLC!! A few changes to my name since a couple of months ago!
Throughout the fall Teddy has been applying to applied health science schools around the country, hoping to be accepted into a radiation therapy program. There is one in New Hampshire I am really hoping for! J We really just hope he gets into any of them though.
We had a nice thanksgiving here with Teddy’s parents. They ordered a precooked turkey and I made the veggie sides. Then we got tarted on Christmas shopping. I learned a good lesson this year. American Thanksgiving is so much closer to Christmas than Canadian Thanksgiving, and it is NOT the time to begin Christmas shopping….especially when mailing is involved! J
As Christmas drew close, we had a visit from Teddy’s brother and family. It was nice for all the Changs to be together, but it was too short.  They were here only from the 21st to the 23rd. Since we lived in Korea, Lilyanna and Harrison haven’t spent much time together, but each time they do, I can see Lilyanna trying more and more to play with Harrison. This time she was following him all around the house and wanted to play with whatever he was playing with. So cute!
Christmas day was quiet, just us and Teddy’s parents. I think New Year’s celebrations will be quiet as well.
I trust all of you are healthy and enjoying this holiday season. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and wish you all the best in 2013! Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home