SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

ratatouille and passports

the two aren't related at all but were the highlights of my day.

first the ratatouille..... it was one of the most time consuming dinners i have made but it looks and smells delicious. it's simmering phase right now. well as simmering as it gets in korea. korean dishes don't typically call for simmering, so their stoves aren't made for simmering. the flame for the burner goes out before you can get it low enough for a simmer. so i have been turning it on and off for the last while. hopefully it won't matter. i'll be eating it in and hour or 2, when teddy gets here---which isn't soon enough for me!

and the passport..... a few weeks ago i applied for a new passport. as my luck would have it, you can't renew passports overseas (even if you've applied for the one which is expiring in that overseas country!)---you have to submit a re-application, along with the fees of a new application and the fee of not knowing a guarantor in the overseas country. so about $200 later my application was getting processed. today the new one arrived in the mail. yea! you can never guarantee anything going through the mailing system, so to have my passport in hand is a blessing. now on to renewing my visa for working in korea...... that'll be another post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home