SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Monday, April 09, 2007

rough start

well things did get off to a rough start.......but it's been getting better at the school i'm teaching at this year. i have gotten to be pretty good friends with my afternoon supervisor and she has helped me understand a little of the situations that were so weird. i'm liking my school a lot more than when i first arrived----which is a very good thing!

my birthday was last week and i had been counting down with my classes for a few days. they ended up celebrating with me and it was so sweet. the first class got to the classroom before me and hid behind all of the desks and when i walked into the room they jumped up and sang a perfect happy birthday. they were so excited and gave me a birthday hat to wear for the class. my second class was a bit late because they spent part of their previous class making me a birthday card signed by each of the students. then for lunch the school treated us to chinese food. i got a few presents from some of the teachers. then after work i even got to go on a date with t! we went out for some amazing indian food. there is a restaurant chain here in korea that is so yummy. i didn't even like indian food 'till i ate at one of the "ganga" restaurants. then t took me to buy a book that i'd been looking for and added one he thought i needed. it was a great day.

so, here's to things getting better........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home