SERENDIPITOUS WANDERINGS

~this is my blog. i originally created it as a way for friends and family to follow my travels. now it's just a way to keep in touch. i'm sure it'll mostly be about baby now! enjoy!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

mae sot

finally! here are some pictures from mae sot. i'm not one to take many pictures when i travel, so there are only a few worth posting here. also, due to the security issues with my burmese friends and family.....they have asked that i don't post their pictures on my blog. (feel free to visit me anytime before nov. 1st and i'll show you my burmese family and friends if you want!)

this is the apartment that i lived in with my two burmese brothers and the bike we used to get around town.......

this is the room just inside the front door where the uncle and nephew slept, where we spent endless hours talking, playing cards and scrabble and our dining room as well.......

this is looking down the hall to the kitchen corner..........

this is looking thru that door on the right.....my bedroom........


this is the worst part.....the bathroom!!! and i hate bathrooms to begin with!! i learned how to take the fastest showers known to mankind! the tank to the immediate left held the water we washed with and the smaller tank beside that was water for flushing the "toilet" which is a "squatter" next to the back wall.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home